Thursday, June 1, 2017

CSI - Major Case File #231

 I'm excited to say that the Imagine crew was invited to be guest detectives at CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration challenge blog!  Here is the case file I was assigned...


If you've never visited the blog before or worked on one of the Case Files, you are given bits and pieces to inspire your entire lay-out. The scene is the initial inspiration, with cues given in the Evidence portion.  You get a color scheme and sketch to help you along.  It's lots of fun, if you've never tried it before you should...I had a blast "following the clues".   Here's what I came up with...


My best 4 legged friend...Graber Barker - mild mannered dog by day, SUPER DOG by night!  He's not only my furry friend but he's also my 12" tall guard dog ;)  LOL!!  He doesn't let anyone get near me when he doesn't think they should be, including Eric!  Not even for a little peck on the cheek.  He's very protective of his mama.


A few close up's showing some of my Evidence....I tried to follow the sketch pretty carefully and I used stars, hearts, the white background, twine, speech bubbles and more.  I loved the medallions from the sketch so I made a couple to help pop up the main photo giving it a bit more prominence.


I used Lady Bug and Dandelion irRESISTible Texture Spray on the background for some fun splatter.  I also found some little turquoise, butter yellow, red and royal blue sequins to add some fun.  The stars are die-cut using a Seth Apter set of dies.


I found some great turquoise pattern paper with tiny stars on it but needed some yellow pattern paper....I didn't have any so I ended up making my own.  I stamped the stars on the yellow cardstock using VersaMark ink and embossed it with clear EP.  Just what I needed!

I hope you've been inspired to give this fun challenge a go!


Supplies:
Imagine - irRESISTible Texture Spray - Lady Bug, Dandelion; Memento Dual Tip Markers (journaling); On Point Glue; VersaMark; Clear EP

Other - 

Club Scrap.com - cardstock, pattern paper
Sizzix - Seth Apter Star Dies
MFT - Speech Bubbles
JFF Stamps - Star background strip stamp
Prima - Twine
Sequins - unknown

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet dog! Love all the layers Roni!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Super Dog. A great interpretation of the sketch and theme. I like the way this challenge is set. I am going to check it out.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!